Re: [Spice-devel] Xorg indefinitely hangs in kernelspace

From: Jaak Ristioja
Date: Thu Oct 03 2019 - 02:45:59 EST

On 30.09.19 16:29, Frediano Ziglio wrote:
> Why didn't you update bug at https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1813620?
> I know it can seem tedious but would help tracking it.

I suppose the lack on centralized tracking and handling of Linux kernel
bugs is a delicate topic, so I don't want to rant much more on that.
Updating that bug would tedious and time-consuming indeed, which is why
I haven't done that. To be honest, I don't have enough time and motivation.

I would have posted a link to the upstream (kernel) bug tracker for
this, but being confined I only posted a link to my original e-mail on
the virtualization list Pipermail archive. Can you please provide a
better URL to a reasonably browsable index of this whole e-mail thread
in some web-based mailing list archive? Perhaps posting that to
Launchpad would suffice.

> It seems you are having this issue since quite some time and with
> multiple kernel versions.
> Are you still using Kubuntu? Maybe it happens more with KDE.
> From the Kernel log looks like a dead lock.

Yes, I'm using Kubuntu 19.04.

Best regards,
Jaak Ristioja