Re: [Cocci] [RFC] scripts: Fix coccicheck failed

From: Markus Elfring
Date: Sat Oct 05 2019 - 13:50:21 EST

>> Would you like to take the change possibility into account
>> that the coccicheck system configuration should be adapted instead?
>> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/scripts/coccicheck?id=4ea655343ce4180fe9b2c7ec8cb8ef9884a47901#n257
>
> I prefer the one line change for now.

Thanks for this information.

> If more issues arise one can see what is more desirable at a larger scale.

I suggest to reconsider the corresponding software design consequences now.

* Do you accept only SmPL scripts which will work together with
the operation mode âreportâ of the tool âcoccicheckâ?

* Under which circumstances will your change resistance evolve in the way
that a clear file type separation can be applied finally?

Regards,
Markus