Re: [PATCH 0/3] Logitech G920 fixes
From: Benjamin Tissoires
Date: Fri Oct 11 2019 - 10:53:42 EST
Finally, someone who takes care of the G920!
Note that when I sent my first initial version that Hans reused, I
surely broke it (looking at your patch 3/3), but no one cared to test
On Mon, Oct 7, 2019 at 7:13 AM Andrey Smirnov <andrew.smirnov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This series contains patches to fix a couple of regressions in G920
> wheel support by hid-logitech-hidpp driver. Without the patches the
> wheel remains stuck in autocentering mode ("resisting" any attempt to
> trun) as well as missing support for any FF action.
So, you are talking about regressions, and for that I would like to be
able to push the patches to stable.
However, I would need more information:
- patch 3/3 seems simple enough to go in stable, and is clearly a
regression from the recent series. Can you put it in first and add
stable@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx in a CC field (and possibly with a Fixes tag as
- I am not sure which patch fixes the wheel remains stuck in
autocentering mode. Is it patch 2/3?
- was the "wheel remains stuck in autocentering mode" bug present from
on of the recent patch or was it always there since we introduced
support in hid-logitech-hidpp, but the game would need to unlock the
So all in all, can you:
- drop the first patch and push it in a later series
- re-order the patches: 3/3 then 2/3
- tell me when the wheel is not stuck when the series is applied
(after 3/3 or 2/3), and make a note in the commit message with that
- take into account my comments in the first patch you submitted (that
I just sent).
> Andrey Smirnov
> Andrey Smirnov (3):
> HID: logitech-hidpp: use devres to manage FF private data
> HID: logitech-hidpp: split g920_get_config()
> HID: logitech-hidpp: add G920 device validation quirk
> drivers/hid/hid-logitech-hidpp.c | 193 +++++++++++++++++++------------
> 1 file changed, 120 insertions(+), 73 deletions(-)