Re: WARNING at net/mac80211/sta_info.c:1057 (__sta_info_destroy_part2())

From: Ben Greear
Date: Mon Oct 21 2019 - 10:01:05 EST

On 10/20/2019 08:12 AM, Tomislav Požega wrote:
-11 is -EAGAIN which would mean that the HTC credits have run out some
reason for the WMI command:

if (ep->tx_credits < credits) {
ath10k_dbg(ar, ATH10K_DBG_HTC,
"htc insufficient credits ep %d required %d available %d\n",
eid, credits, ep->tx_credits);
spin_unlock_bh(&htc->tx_lock);
ret = -EAGAIN;
goto err_pull;
}

Credits can run out, for example, if there's a lot of WMI command/event
activity and are not returned during the 3s wait, firmware crashed or
problems with the PCI bus.

Hi

Can this occur if the target memory is not properly allocated?

I have only seen this on wave-1 cards, and it is usually paired with situations
where the wave-1 stops doing WMI related interrupts properly as best as I can
understand. If I force the firmware to poll instead of waiting for irqs, then
WMI communication will work for a while...I have not implemented that on the
driver side though, so I still see these WMI timeout issues.

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>