Re: PCI device function not being enumerated [Was: PCMCIA not working on Panasonic Toughbook CF-29]

From: Dominik Brodowski
Date: Mon Oct 21 2019 - 14:47:17 EST

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 05:17:12AM +1100, Michael . wrote:
> Thank you Dominik for looking at this for us and passing it on.
>
> Good morning Bjorn, thank you also for looking into this for us and
> thank you for CCing us into this as non of us are on the mailing list.
> One question how do we apply this patch or is this for Dominik to try?

That's for you and/or other users of this hardware; I cannot test this
myself, sorry. As to how to apply the patch: you'd need to apply the patch
for the linux kernel sources, and then build a custom kernel. Some hints on
that (details depend on the distribtion):

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/BuildYourOwnKernel
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/GitKernelBuild
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Kernels/Arch_Build_System
https://kernelnewbies.org/KernelBuild