Re: [RFC 2/2] vhost: IFC VF vdpa layer

From: Jason Wang
Date: Wed Oct 23 2019 - 05:58:57 EST

On 2019/10/23 äå5:24, Zhu, Lingshan wrote:

set_config/get_config is missing. It looks to me they are not hard, just implementing the access to dev_cfg. It's key to make kernel virtio driver to work.

And in the new version of virito-mdev, features like _F_LOG_ALL should be advertised through get_mdev_features.
IMHO, currently the driver can work without set/get_config, vhost_mdev doesn't call them for now.

Yes, but it was required by virtio_mdev for host driver to work, and it looks to me it's not hard to add them. If possible please add them and "virtio" type then we can use the ops for both the case of VM and containers.
sure

Hello Jason,

Just want to double confirm the implementation of set/get_config, for now, dev_cfg only contains mac[6], status and max_virtqueue_pairs, is that enough to support virtio_mdev?

THanks!

Yes, and it depends on the features that you want to advertise. If you don't want to advertise MQ, there's no need to expose max_virtqueue_pairs.

Thanks