drm/msm: 'pp done time out' errors after async commit changes

From: Brian Masney
Date: Mon Nov 04 2019 - 19:01:33 EST

Hey Rob,

Since commit 2d99ced787e3 ("drm/msm: async commit support"), the frame
buffer console on my Nexus 5 began throwing these errors:

msm fd900000.mdss: pp done time out, lm=0

The display still works.

I see that mdp5_flush_commit() was introduced in commit 9f6b65642bd2
("drm/msm: add kms->flush_commit()") with a TODO comment and the commit
description mentions flushing registers. I assume that this is the
proper fix. If so, can you point me to where these registers are
defined and I can work on the mdp5 implementation.

Thanks,

Brian