Re: [RFC v1 00/19] Modify zonelist to nodelist v1

From: Michal Hocko
Date: Thu Nov 21 2019 - 13:04:07 EST

On Thu 21-11-19 23:17:52, Pengfei Li wrote:
[...]
> Since I don't currently have multiple node NUMA systems, I would be
> grateful if anyone would like to test this series of patches.

I didn't really get to think about the actual patchset. From a very
quick glance I am wondering whether we need to optimize as there are
usually only small amount of numa nodes. But I am quite busy so I cannot
really do any claims.

Anyway, you can test this even without NUMA HW. Have a look at numa=fake
option (numa_emu_cmdline). Or you can use kvm/qemu which provides easy
ways to setup a NUMA capable virtual machine.
--
Michal Hocko
SUSE Labs