Re: "rcu: React to callback overload by aggressively seeking quiescent states" hangs on boot

From: Paul E. McKenney
Date: Sat Dec 14 2019 - 01:41:12 EST

On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 06:11:16PM -0500, Qian Cai wrote:

> > On Dec 13, 2019, at 5:46 PM, Paul E. McKenney <paulmck@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > I am running this on a number of x86 systems, but will try it on a
>
> The config to reproduce includes several debugging options that might
> required to recreate.

If you run without those debugging options, do you still see the hangs?
If not, please let me know which debugging are involved.

> > wider variety. If I cannot reproduce it, would you be willing to
> > run diagnostics?
>
> Yes.

Very good! Let me see what I can put together. (No luck reproducing
at my end thus far.)

> > Just to double-check... Are you running rcutorture built into the kernel?
> > (My guess is "no", but figured that I should ask.)
>
> No as you can see from the config I linked in the original email.

Fair point, and please accept my apologies for the pointless question.

Thanx, Paul