Re: [GIT PULL] remove ksys_mount() and ksys_dup()

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sun Dec 15 2019 - 14:51:10 EST

On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 10:14 AM Dominik Brodowski
<linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> the fifth parameter (void *data)
> is either NULL or refers to a full page (only occurence
> in init/do_mounts.c::do_mount_root()).

We probably should aim for the fifth parameter being a "buf, len" pair
at some point.

Then the system call interface still needs to copy the whole page and
pass in PAGE_SIZE as the length, but it would be a better model than
the magical fixed "it's always one page". And the kernel init sequence
wouldn't need that silly temporary page any more.

Linus