Re: [GIT] Networking

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Fri Dec 27 2019 - 17:13:30 EST

On Sat, Dec 21, 2019 at 6:09 PM David Miller <davem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Antoine Tenart (2):
> of: mdio: export of_mdiobus_child_is_phy

I didn't notice until now (bad me - I've actually been taking a few
days off due to xmas), but this causes a new warning in some
configurations.

In particular, it causes a warning about

'of_mdiobus_child_is_phy' defined but noy used

because when CONFIG_OF_MDIO is disabled, the <linux/of_mdio.h> header now has

static bool of_mdiobus_child_is_phy(struct device_node *child)
{
return false;
}

which is all kinds of stupid.

I'm assuming that dummy function should just be marked "inline", the
way the other helper dummy functions are defined when OF_MDIO is not
enabled.

Linus