Why is CONFIG_VT forced on?

From: Rob Landley
Date: Mon Dec 30 2019 - 19:26:27 EST

On x86-64 menuconfig, CONFIG_VT is forced on (in drivers->char devices->virtual
terminal), but the help doesn't mention a "selects", and I didn't spot anything
obvious in "find . -name 'Kconfig*' | xargs grep -rw VT".

Congratulations, you've reinvented "come from". I'm mostly familiar with the
kconfig plumbing from _before_ you made it turing complete: how do I navigate this?

I'm guessing "stick printfs into the menuconfig binary" is the recommended next
step for investigating this? Or is there a trick I'm missing?

Rob