Re: KASAN: slab-out-of-bounds Write in vgacon_scroll

From: Petr Mladek
Date: Tue Jan 28 2020 - 07:49:16 EST

On Tue 2020-01-28 18:23:46, anon anon wrote:
> Dear Linux kernel developers,
>
> I found the crash "KASAN: slab-out-of-bounds Write in vgacon_scroll"
> when running syzkaller, hope it's unknown:
>
> Linux version: Linux v4.17-rc4 (75bc37fefc44)
> Branch: master
>
> This crash still exists on the latest linux kernel Linux v5.5-rc6.
> Please get C repo and crash log generated by syzkaller, as well as the
> .config I used for linux kernel from the attachment. Thanks.

The out-of-bound access seems to be in vgacon_scroll() and thus
in vgacon code.

Unfortunately, most people in CC are printk-guys. They were mentioned
by ./scripts/get_maintainer.pl -f drivers/video/console/vgacon.c
just because the very last comment (tree wide pr_warning() clean up).

Bartolomej seems to be the only relevant name.

Bartolomej,

are you going to look at it? Or should we add more people or some list
(dri-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or linux-fbdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) into CC?

Thanks,
Petr