Re: [GIT PULL] PCI changes for v5.6

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Fri Jan 31 2020 - 17:50:21 EST

On Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 2:34 PM Bjorn Helgaas <helgaas@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/helgaas/pci.git 01b810ed7187

You must have screwed up your git request-pull somehow.

Yes, yes, the above works, and a branch is just a named SHA1. You can
give the SHA1 directly.

But it's not what you meant to do, I'm sure. Especially since you
pointed to the SHA1 of the top commit, not the tag that you have that
points to it.

I can see what you _meant_ to ask me to pull with "git ls-remote". I
clearly should - and will - pull the 'pci-v5.6-changes' tag, which
points to that commit.

But can you check what in your workflow went wrong for the above to happen?

Linus