Re: [GIT PULL] arch/microblaze patches for 5.6-rc1

From: Michal Simek
Date: Tue Feb 04 2020 - 12:37:39 EST

On 04. 02. 20 14:22, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 11:08 AM Michal Simek <monstr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> please pull the following patches to your tree.
>
> Ugh. I only noticed after doing a couple of other pulls that you
> *just* rebased or created most of the commits in here.
>
> Why was this done? Why are you sending me stuff that was done minutes ago?
>
> The merge window is not for doing development. It's for asking me to
> merge stuff that was ready *before* the merge window.
>
> I've pulled it and since it's just microblaze I'm not going to do the
> work to reset and re-do the other pulls I've done, but if this happens
> again and I notice in time, I will stop pulling from you.
>
> Because no, this is not acceptable.

Sorry about it. All that patches has been sent and done till the mid of
January. Some of them even earlier.
I just needed to remove one patch from queue which we found is causing
the issue. That's why instead of revert I completely remove it and
rebase the rest of the tree.
I will handle that differently next time.

Thanks,
Michal

--
Michal Simek, Ing. (M.Eng), OpenPGP -> KeyID: FE3D1F91
w: www.monstr.eu p: +42-0-721842854