[RESEND 0/4] Add a better separation between i.MX8 families

From: Daniel Baluta
Date: Mon Feb 10 2020 - 04:58:38 EST

From: Daniel Baluta <daniel.baluta@xxxxxxx>

So far the implementation was designed to support a generic platform
named i.MX8. Anyhow, now working with specific i.MX8 instances we need
to account for the differences.

i.MX8 naming can be confusing at the first glance, so we need to have
a clean separation between different platforms.

Here is the split of i.MX8 per platforms. Notice that i.MX8 names
the entire family, but also a sub-family.

imx8
âââ imx8
â âââ imx8qm (*)
âââ imx8m
â âââ imx8mm
â âââ imx8mn
â âââ imx8mp (*)
â âââ imx8mq
âââ imx8x
âââ imx8qxp (*)

Platforms marked with (*) contain a DSP. In the future there might be
more platforms.

This patchseries does the following:
* renames imx8 to imx8x (because the only supported platform now
is imx8qxp).
* adds support for imx8 (which is imx8qm)

Paul Olaru (4):
ASoC: SOF: Rename i.MX8 platform to i.MX8X
ASoC: SOF: imx8: Add ops for i.MX8QM
ASoC: SOF: Add i.MX8QM device descriptor
dt-bindings: dsp: fsl: Add fsl,imx8qm-dsp entry

.../devicetree/bindings/dsp/fsl,dsp.yaml | 1 +
sound/soc/sof/imx/imx8.c | 57 ++++++++++++++++++-
sound/soc/sof/sof-of-dev.c | 10 ++++

2.17.1