[PATCH 1/1] efi/libstub: describe efi_relocate_kernel()
From: Heinrich Schuchardt
Date: Thu Feb 20 2020 - 01:53:41 EST
Update the description of of efi_relocate_kernel() to match Sphinx style.
Update parameter references in the description of other memory functions
to use @param style.
Signed-off-by: Heinrich Schuchardt <xypron.glpk@xxxxxx>
drivers/firmware/efi/libstub/mem.c | 38 +++++++++++++++++++-----------
1 file changed, 24 insertions(+), 14 deletions(-)
diff --git a/drivers/firmware/efi/libstub/mem.c b/drivers/firmware/efi/libstub/mem.c
index 0d57078e5e62..7efe3ed2d5a6 100644
@@ -86,7 +86,7 @@ efi_status_t efi_get_memory_map(struct efi_boot_memmap *map)
* Allocate pages as EFI_LOADER_DATA. The allocated pages are aligned according
* to EFI_ALLOC_ALIGN. The last allocated page will not exceed the address
- * given by 'max'.
+ * given by @max.
* Return: status code
@@ -126,10 +126,10 @@ efi_status_t efi_allocate_pages(unsigned long size, unsigned long *addr,
* @addr: on exit the address of the allocated memory
* @min: minimum address to used for the memory allocation
- * Allocate at the lowest possible address that is not below 'min' as
- * EFI_LOADER_DATA. The allocated pages are aligned according to 'align' but at
+ * Allocate at the lowest possible address that is not below @min as
+ * EFI_LOADER_DATA. The allocated pages are aligned according to @align but at
* least EFI_ALLOC_ALIGN. The first allocated page will not below the address
- * given by 'min'.
+ * given by @min.
* Return: status code
@@ -214,7 +214,7 @@ efi_status_t efi_low_alloc_above(unsigned long size, unsigned long align,
* @addr: start of the memory area to free (must be EFI_PAGE_SIZE
- * 'size' is rounded up to a multiple of EFI_ALLOC_ALIGN which is an
+ * @size is rounded up to a multiple of EFI_ALLOC_ALIGN which is an
* architecture specific multiple of EFI_PAGE_SIZE. So this function should
* only be used to return pages allocated with efi_allocate_pages() or
@@ -230,15 +230,25 @@ void efi_free(unsigned long size, unsigned long addr)
efi_bs_call(free_pages, addr, nr_pages);
- * Relocate a kernel image, either compressed or uncompressed.
- * In the ARM64 case, all kernel images are currently
- * uncompressed, and as such when we relocate it we need to
- * allocate additional space for the BSS segment. Any low
- * memory that this function should avoid needs to be
- * unavailable in the EFI memory map, as if the preferred
- * address is not available the lowest available address will
- * be used.
+ * efi_relocate_kernel() - copy memory area
+ * @image_addr: address of memory area to copy, on exit target address
+ * @image_size: size of memory area to copy
+ * @alloc_size: minimum size of memory to allocate, must be greater or
+ * equal to image_size
+ * @preferred_addr: preferred target address
+ * @alignment: minimum alignment of the allocated memory area. It
+ * should be a power of two.
+ * @min_addr: minimum target address
+ * Copy a memory area to a newly allocated memory area aligned according
+ * to @alignment but at least EFI_ALLOC_ALIGN. If the preferred address
+ * is not available, the allocated address will not be below @min_addr.
+ * This function is used to copy the Linux kernel verbatim. It does not apply
+ * any relocation changes.
+ * Return: status code
efi_status_t efi_relocate_kernel(unsigned long *image_addr,
unsigned long image_size,