Re: [for-next][12/26] Documentation: bootconfig: Add a doc for extended boot config

From: Masami Hiramatsu
Date: Fri Feb 21 2020 - 23:18:54 EST

On Fri, 21 Feb 2020 17:43:32 +0100
Markus Elfring <Markus.Elfring@xxxxxx> wrote:

> >> Is there a need to separate the number from the following unit?
> >
> > Sorry, I couldn't understand what you pointed here.
>
> Can the specification ââ size is 32 KiB ââbe more appropriate
> (besides a small wording adjustment)?

OK, I'll update as so :)

> > Like "descriptions of ..." ?
>
> I got another idea also for the provided documentation format.
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git/tree/Documentation/admin-guide/bootconfig.rst?id=bee46b309a13ca158c99c325d0408fb2f0db207f#n18
>
> * Will a file format description become helpful in the way of
> an extended BackusâNaur form?

Good suggestion! Let me try to write an EBNF section.
I think EBNF can logically explain the format, but not intuitive
- we need some examples.

> * How will data processing evolve around the added structures?

OK, I'll add some more API (and usage) differences from the legacy
command line.

Thank you,

--
Masami Hiramatsu <mhiramat@xxxxxxxxxx>