Re: General Discussion about GPLness

From: Stephan von Krawczynski
Date: Sun Feb 23 2020 - 15:48:07 EST

Hm, really it is quite hard to stay calm reading your constant insults on
people that have quite sure done a lot more for free software than you have.
I do understand why you cannot enter a discussion with your real name, as most
of your input is of zero quality - and below.
Unfortunately you did not even try to understand what the true issue is all
about. It is one story to modify running code that probably was never ment to
be patched that way (which would involve re-engineering it). But our story is
about kernel modules, something everybody is free to write and publish, with a
defined and open interface for interaction. No kernel code is modified in that
sense. But you fail to understand that.
Hopefully others here do. I do not expect them to stand up and jump into a
discussion where you are a part of. But I hope people start to think about it
and realise - like I did - that this train is on the wrong track.
After all I do believe that constructive interaction of software is still
better than destructive building of hurdles and walls.
Because in the end people are only suffering from this approach and nothing is
protected.
--
Regards,
Stephan