Re: [GIT] Networking

From: Geert Uytterhoeven
Date: Mon Feb 24 2020 - 11:53:50 EST

Hi Doug et al,

On Mon, Feb 24, 2020 at 5:36 PM Doug Ledford <dledford@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Feb 24, 2020, at 11:33 AM, Leon Romanovsky <leon@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> Yes, we should not have any WARN_ON calls for something that userspace
> >> can trigger, because then syzbot will trigger it and we will get an
> >> annoying report saying to fix it :)
> >
> > Impressive backlog :)
> > Geert, you replied on original discussion from 2015.

Oops.
I was looking up a recent net commit that was part of Dave's last pull
request, couldn't find what I was looking for, and must have suddenly
ended up in the email for an old pull request instead (they're all called
"[GIT] Networking")...

> Yeah, that threw me for a loop too ;-). Took several double takes on that one just to make sure none of the IB comments from Linus were related to anything current!

Sorry for that. I hope I didn't cause any lost heartbeats.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

Geert

-- Linus Torvalds