0-day bot testing with Clang now live

From: Nick Desaulniers
Date: Mon Feb 24 2020 - 12:45:58 EST

Hello,
Kbuild Test Robot aka 0-day bot is now testing kernel patches with
Clang in addition to GCC and emailing patch authors.

Such email reports will have CC'ed our mailing list
<clang-built-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> where we're active in triaging
the reports, and can help with steps to reproduce. We'll likely fine
tune the implementation based on feedback, but the bot has been doing
these tests for months now (without emailing authors, just our list)
and has been pretty smooth.

I'll be sending more information (a patch to Documentation/) on
building the kernel with Clang shortly.
https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20200224174129.2664-1-ndesaulniers@xxxxxxxxxx/T/#u

We appreciate your help in ensuring the Linux kernel has not one but
two high quality open source toolchains, and 0-day bot should help us
catch regressions before they ever hit mainline. Thanks to Rong,
Philip, Intel, and the rest of the folks contributing to 0-day bot.
And thanks to the team of folks submitting bug reports, fixing
warnings, implementing features, and discussing possible solutions.
Many many hands have gone in to making this possible.

To learn more about building the Linux kernel with LLVM, keep an eye
out for that Documentation/ patch, or see
https://clangbuiltlinux.github.io/.
--
Thanks,
~Nick Desaulniers