RE: [RFC] crypto: xts - limit accepted key length

From: Van Leeuwen, Pascal
Date: Tue Mar 03 2020 - 08:03:39 EST

Me neither ... but I was just pointing out that referring to the IEEE spec (for supporting
only 128 and 256 bit keys) makes no sense if you also support other blockciphers not
mentioned in that same IEEE spec.

The mode itself can obviously work with any 128 bit blockcipher, with any keysize.
So any limitation on that would be purely artificial IMHO.

Regards,
Pascal van Leeuwen
Silicon IP Architect Multi-Protocol Engines, Rambus Security
Rambus ROTW Holding BV
+31-73 6581953

Note: The Inside Secure/Verimatrix Silicon IP team was recently acquired by Rambus.
Please be so kind to update your e-mail address book with my new e-mail address.

** This message and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). It may contain information that is confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are prohibited from printing, copying, forwarding or saving it. Please delete the message and attachments and notify the sender immediately. **

Rambus Inc.<http://www.rambus.com>