Re: disk revalidation updates and OOM

From: Martin Wilck
Date: Wed Mar 11 2020 - 06:29:06 EST

On Mon, 2020-03-02 at 11:55 +0800, He Zhe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since the following commit
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/axboe/linux-block.git/commit/?h=for-5.5/disk-revalidate&id=6917d0689993f46d97d40dd66c601d0fd5b1dbdd
> until now(v5.6-rc4),
>
> If we start udisksd service of systemd(v244), systemd-udevd will scan
> /dev/hdc
> (the cdrom device created by default in qemu(v4.2.0)). systemd-udevd
> will
> endlessly run and cause OOM.

I've tried to reproduce this, but so far I haven't been able to.
Perhaps because the distro 5.5.7 kernel I've tried (which contains the
offending commit 142fe8f) has no IDE support - the qemu IDE CD shows up
as sr0, with the ata_piix driver. I have systemd-udevd 244. Enabling
udisksd makes no difference, the system runs stably. ISO images can
be "ejected" and loaded, single uevents are received and processed.

Does this happen for you if you use ata_piix?

Regards
Martin