RE: [Ksummit-discuss] [Tech-board-discuss] Linux Foundation Technical Advisory Board Elections -- Change to charter

From: Bird, Tim
Date: Fri Mar 13 2020 - 13:14:55 EST

I was elected in Prague in 2017. I was onsite, but had a conflict so
was not present for the vote. So it's happened, but it has been rare
for someone to be elected while not present at the vote. I'll be honest.
The fact that ELC was co-located with the kernel summit that year
probably had a lot to do with my win. IMHO it would be nice
to reduce the effect of the event pairing on the elections, so I really
welcome the movement to absentee voting (even though it helped
me once :-) ).

With regard to clarifying it for transparency, I think that would be good.
We have customarily sent out a request for nominations by e-mail
prior to the kernel summit. I don't recall the wording, but I think
the nomination instructions included the information that you didn't
need to be present to run. If I'm mis-remembering this and it's not
there, it would be good to add it.
-- Tim