Re: [patch V2 07/15] powerpc/ps3: Convert half completion to rcuwait

From: Sebastian Andrzej Siewior
Date: Thu Mar 19 2020 - 06:26:53 EST

On 2020-03-19 03:04:59 [-0700], Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> But I wonder how alive the whole PS3 support is to start with..

OtherOS can only be used on "old" PS3 which do not have have their
firmware upgraded past version 3.21, released April 1, 2010 [0].
It was not possible to install OtherOS on PS3-slim and I don't remember
if it was a successor or a budget version (but it had lower power
consumption as per my memory).
*I* remember from back then that a few universities bought quite a few
of them and used them as a computation cluster. However, whatever broke
over the last 10 years is broken.

[0] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OtherOS

Sebastian