Re: snd_hda_intel/sst-acpi sound breakage on suspend/resume since 5.6-rc1

From: Mark Brown
Date: Thu Mar 19 2020 - 09:41:44 EST

On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 02:00:49PM +0100, Dominik Brodowski wrote:

> Have some good news now, namely that a bisect is complete: That pointed to
> 1272063a7ee4 ("ASoC: soc-core: care .ignore_suspend for Component suspend");
> therefore I've added Kuninori Morimoto to this e-mail thread.

If that's an issue it feels more like a driver bug in that if the driver
asked for ignore_suspend then it should expect not to have the suspend
callback called.

> Additionally, I have tested mainline (v5.6-rc6+ as of 5076190daded) with
> *both* 64df6afa0dab (which you suggested yesterday) and 1272063a7ee4
> reverted. And that works like a charm as well.

Please include human readable descriptions of things like commits and
issues being discussed in e-mail in your mails, this makes them much
easier for humans to read especially when they have no internet access.
I do frequently catch up on my mail on flights or while otherwise
travelling so this is even more pressing for me than just being about
making things a bit easier to read.