Re: Upcoming: Notifications, FS notifications and fsinfo()

From: Lennart Poettering
Date: Thu Apr 02 2020 - 11:28:35 EST

On Do, 02.04.20 17:22, Miklos Szeredi (miklos@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 4:36 PM Lennart Poettering <mzxreary@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > You appear to be thinking about the "udisks" project or so?
>
> Probably.
>
> The real question is: is there a sane way to filter mount
> notifications so that systemd receives only those which it is
> interested in, rather than the tens of thousands that for example
> autofs is managing and has nothing to do with systemd?

systemd cares about all mount points in PID1's mount namespace.

The fact that mount tables can grow large is why we want something
better than constantly reparsing the whole /proc/self/mountinfo. But
filtering subsets of that is something we don't really care about.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Berlin