Re: [selftests] d3fd949abd: kernel-selftests.memfd.fuse_mnt.fail

From: Shuah Khan
Date: Tue Apr 07 2020 - 16:27:26 EST

On 4/4/20 7:26 AM, kernel test robot wrote:
FYI, we noticed the following commit (built with gcc-7):

commit: d3fd949abd3e3005dab7ccb185c3c8bc0ad639f1 ("selftests: Fix memfd to support relocatable build (O=objdir)")
https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git master

in testcase: kernel-selftests
with following parameters:

group: kselftests-02
ucode: 0xd6

test-description: The kernel contains a set of "self tests" under the tools/testing/selftests/ directory. These are intended to be small unit tests to exercise individual code paths in the kernel.
test-url: https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/kselftest.txt

on test machine: 8 threads Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz with 16G memory

caused below changes (please refer to attached dmesg/kmsg for entire log/backtrace):

If you fix the issue, kindly add following tag
Reported-by: kernel test robot <rong.a.chen@xxxxxxxxx>

# selftests: memfd: memfd_test
# memfd: CREATE
# memfd: BASIC
# memfd: SEAL-WRITE
# memfd: SEAL-FUTURE-WRITE
# memfd: CREATE
# memfd: BASIC
# memfd: SEAL-WRITE
# memfd: SEAL-FUTURE-WRITE
# memfd: SEAL-SHRINK
# memfd: SEAL-GROW
# memfd: SEAL-RESIZE
# memfd: SHARE-DUP
# memfd: SHARE-MMAP
# memfd: SHARE-OPEN
# memfd: SHARE-FORK
# memfd: SHARE-DUP (shared file-table)
# memfd: SHARE-MMAP (shared file-table)
# memfd: SHARE-OPEN (shared file-table)
# memfd: SHARE-FORK (shared file-table)
# memfd: DONE
ok 1 selftests: memfd: memfd_test

# selftests: memfd: fuse_test
# Aborted
not ok 2 selftests: memfd: fuse_test # exit=134
# selftests: memfd: fuse_mnt
# fuse: missing mountpoint parameter
not ok 3 selftests: memfd: fuse_mnt # exit=1

Thanks for the reporting the problem. I will get a fix in soon.
It isn't indication of a problem. This commit caused regression
resulting in running tests without creating mnt point first.

The above failure are a result of that.

# selftests: memfd: run_fuse_test.sh
# opening: ./mnt/memfd
# fuse: DONE