Re: [GIT PULL] RISC-V Patches for the 5.7 Merge Window, Part 1

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Apr 09 2020 - 13:51:48 EST

On Wed, Apr 8, 2020 at 9:50 AM Palmer Dabbelt <palmer@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This builds and boots for me. There is one merge conflict, it's just a Kconfig
> merge issue. I can publish a resolved branch if you'd like.

It's not the _resolution_ that's the problem.

The problem is that your tree is garbage.

Your commit c48c4a4c7ead ("riscv: Add Kendryte K210 SoC support") is
wrong. It doesn't do what it says it does. It _also_ adds that
(broken) Kconfig entry for the virtual SoC (aka qemu) that isn't
mentioned at all in the commit message.

It looks like you mixed up commits when you did some development.
Possibly because of bad resolutions when rebasing or whatever.

I don't know what happened, but your tree is a mess.

There's also a duplicate commit 9f40b6e77d2f that is a copy of commit
2191b4f298fa ("RISC-V: Move all address space definition macros to one
place") that you sent earlier.

I fixed things up and pulled this, but you're doing something wrong.

Linus