Re: [TEGRA194_CPUFREQ Patch 2/3] cpufreq: Add Tegra194 cpufreq driver

From: Sumit Gupta
Date: Wed Apr 15 2020 - 07:25:58 EST

On 14/04/20 11:15 AM, Viresh Kumar wrote:
External email: Use caution opening links or attachments

On 13-04-20, 17:50, Sumit Gupta wrote:
This was done considering long delay value as explained previously.
Do you think that smp_call_function_single() would be better than work queue
here?

Don't work with assumptions, you should test both and see which one
works better. Workqueue should never be faster than
smp_call_function_single() with my understanding.
Checked the time taken and its almost same in both cases.
Earlier we used smp_call_function_single(), but delay time period was small in that SOC. In T194, the time period was more. So, this is an optimization done because using work queue has advantage as interrupts will not be disabled for that period.
If you think work queue is not required, then can remove it. The functionality works fine in both cases.

--
viresh