Re: pass kernel pointers to the sysctl ->proc_handler method v3

From: Al Viro
Date: Sun Apr 26 2020 - 12:00:13 EST

On Fri, Apr 24, 2020 at 08:43:33AM +0200, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> this series changes the sysctl ->proc_handler methods to take kernel
> pointers. This simplifies some of the pointer handling in the methods
> (which could probably be further simplified now), and gets rid of the
> set_fs address space overrides used by bpf.
>
> Changes since v2:
> - free the buffer modified by BPF
> - move pid_max and friends to pid.h
>
> Changes since v1:
> - drop a patch merged by Greg
> - don't copy data out on a write
> - fix buffer allocation in bpf

OK, I can live with that; further work can live on top of that, anyway.
How are we going to handle that? I can put it into never-rebased branch
in vfs.git (#work.sysctl), so that people could pull that.

FWIW, I'm putting together more uaccess stuff (will probably hit -next
tonight or tomorrow); this would fit well there...