Re: MAINTAINERS: Wrong ordering in S390 PCI SUBSYSTEM

From: Lukas Bulwahn
Date: Wed May 06 2020 - 16:37:58 EST

On Wed, 6 May 2020, Andy Shevchenko wrote:

> On Wed, May 6, 2020 at 8:46 AM Lukas Bulwahn <lukas.bulwahn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Pierre,
> >
> > with your commit de267a7c71ba ("s390/pci: Documentation for zPCI"),
> > visible on next-20200505, ./scripts/checkpatch.pl -f MAINTAINERS
> > complains:
> >
> > WARNING: Misordered MAINTAINERS entry - list file patterns in alphabetic order
> > #14723: FILE: MAINTAINERS:14723:
> > +F: drivers/pci/hotplug/s390_pci_hpc.c
> > +F: Documentation/s390/pci.rst
> >

> > This is due to wrong ordering of the entries in your submission. If you
> > would like me to send you a patch fixing that, please just let me know.
> >
> > It is a recent addition to checkpatch.pl to report ordering problems in
> > MAINTAINERS, so you might have not seen that at submission time.
>
> Why not to send a patch?
> Same for the rest of similar mails from you.

Well, the checkpatch warning is new, so I want to find out if and make
sure that the involved developers are generally okay getting those patches
or if there is a better way handling those patches to MAINTAINERS.

I do not expect that there are too many further cases of this warning
appearing soon in linux-next now that checkpatch already warns about it.

Lukas