Re: USB Attached SCSI breakage due no udev involvement

From: Greg KH
Date: Sun May 10 2020 - 02:54:49 EST

On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 01:48:24PM +0700, Dio Putra wrote:
> On 5/10/20 12:47 PM, Greg KH wrote:
> > On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 09:55:57AM +0700, Dio Putra wrote:
> >> Hi, it's first time for me to report user-space breakage in here, so
> >> i'm begging your pardon.
> >>
> >> I want to report that Linux 5.4 breaking my USB mount workflow due
> >> udevadm monitor report here (I'm using vanilla kernel 5.4.39 on
> >> Slackware64 Current and vanilla kernel 4.4.221 on Slackware64 14.2):
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > Sorry, but what actually changed that you can see in the logs?
> Sorry, what do you mean? The dmesg log or the kernel changelogs?

Either, your message made them pretty impossible to compare with all of
the line-wrapping :(

> > What functionality broke? What used to work that no longer does work?
> >
> Yes, it supposed that just work and kernel could talk with udev, not just handled by the kernel.

I don't understand, what functionality changed? What exactly used to
work that no longer does?

Did you change anything else other than the kernel on your system? Did
you change to a newer version of udev/systemd or anything else?

thanks,

greg k-h