Re: [patch V4 part 4 15/24] x86/db: Split out dr6/7 handling

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Thu May 14 2020 - 14:06:36 EST

On Wed, 13 May 2020 22:24:56 -0400 (EDT)
Mathieu Desnoyers <mathieu.desnoyers@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Also, considering that "inline" is not sufficient to ensure the compiler
> does not emit a traceable function, I suspect you'll also want to mark
> "native_get_debugreg" and "native_set_debugreg" always inline as well.

I was thinking that the noinstr sections was more about not doing tracing
and kprobes. As "inline" has been defined as "notrace" for some time, where
any function marked as "inline" will not be available to ftrace even if the
compiler decides not to honor the inline.

in linux/compiler_types.h:

#define inline inline __gnu_inline __inline_maybe_unused notrace

-- Steve