[PATCH] Revert "ath: add support for special 0x0 regulatory domain"
From: Brian Norris
Date: Wed May 27 2020 - 12:57:43 EST
This reverts commit 2dc016599cfa9672a147528ca26d70c3654a5423.
Users are reporting regressions in regulatory domain detection and
The problem this was trying to resolve was fixed in firmware anyway:
QCA6174 hw3.0: sdio-4.4.1: add firmware.bin_WLAN.RMH.4.4.1-00042
Fixes: 2dc016599cfa ("ath: add support for special 0x0 regulatory domain")
Cc: Wen Gong <wgong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Signed-off-by: Brian Norris <briannorris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
drivers/net/wireless/ath/regd.c | 10 +++++-----
1 file changed, 5 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)
diff --git a/drivers/net/wireless/ath/regd.c b/drivers/net/wireless/ath/regd.c
index bee9110b91f3..20f4f8ea9f89 100644
@@ -666,14 +666,14 @@ ath_regd_init_wiphy(struct ath_regulatory *reg,
* Some users have reported their EEPROM programmed with
- * 0x8000 or 0x0 set, this is not a supported regulatory
- * domain but since we have more than one user with it we
- * need a solution for them. We default to 0x64, which is
- * the default Atheros world regulatory domain.
+ * 0x8000 set, this is not a supported regulatory domain
+ * but since we have more than one user with it we need
+ * a solution for them. We default to 0x64, which is the
+ * default Atheros world regulatory domain.
static void ath_regd_sanitize(struct ath_regulatory *reg)
- if (reg->current_rd != COUNTRY_ERD_FLAG && reg->current_rd != 0)
+ if (reg->current_rd != COUNTRY_ERD_FLAG)
printk(KERN_DEBUG "ath: EEPROM regdomain sanitized\n");
reg->current_rd = 0x64;