Re: next-0519 on thinkpad x60: sound related? window manager crash

From: Jaroslav Kysela
Date: Tue Jun 09 2020 - 09:17:01 EST

Dne 09. 06. 20 v 13:49 Christoph Hellwig napsal(a):
On Tue, Jun 09, 2020 at 01:45:34PM +0200, Takashi Iwai wrote:
Yes, for the sound stuff, something below should make things working.
But it means that we'll lose the SG-buffer allocation and the
allocation of large buffers might fail on some machines.

We crossed lines there. In general due to better memory compaction and
CMA we have better chances to get larger contiguous allocations these
days, so this might not be too much of an issue in practice.

But turning off the SG DMA scheme seems like a step back. Would be possible to fix this kind of memory mapping?

Jaroslav

--
Jaroslav Kysela <perex@xxxxxxxx>