Re: Linux kernel in-tree Rust support

From: Geoffrey Thomas
Date: Sat Jul 11 2020 - 13:24:26 EST

On Thu, 9 Jul 2020, Nick Desaulniers wrote:

Hello folks,
I'm working on putting together an LLVM "Micro Conference" for the
upcoming Linux Plumbers Conf
(https://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/event/7/page/47-attend). It's not
solidified yet, but I would really like to run a session on support
for Rust "in tree." I suspect we could cover technical aspects of
what that might look like (I have a prototype of that, was trivial to
wire up KBuild support), but also a larger question of "should we do
this?" or "how might we place limits on where this can be used?"

Question to folks explicitly in To:, are you planning on attending plumbers?

If so, would this be an interesting topic that you'd participate in?

Like Alex - I hadn't decided yet but I'll definitely attend for this!

--
Geoffrey Thomas
https://ldpreload.com