Re: ioremap and dma cleanups and fixes for superh (2nd resend)

From: Peter Zijlstra
Date: Thu Jul 16 2020 - 05:40:53 EST

On Wed, Jul 15, 2020 at 08:21:27PM +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> Oh, we actually discussed that:
> https://lore.kernel.org/linux-mm/20191204133454.GW2844@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/
> but there was no conclusion...

Urgh.. clearly that fell off the table :-(

So yes, that patch works, but as I wrote, I think it's still broken.
Then again, that particular breakage has been there for a long time.

Ooohh.. I have another whole patch-set that fixes that across
architectures which I forgot about too:

https://lkml.kernel.org/r/20191211120713.360281197@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

that actually included the SH fix.

Then Aneesh got a bunch of those patches merged because he needed it for
Power, but the rest bitrotted again.

Let me rebase/refresh the rest of that and send it out again.