Re: [PATCH] i2c: iproc: fix race between client unreg and isr
From: Wolfram Sang
Date: Mon Jul 27 2020 - 16:27:03 EST
On Mon, Jul 27, 2020 at 08:13:46PM +0200, Wolfram Sang wrote:
> > Can you confirm that even if we have irq pending at the i2c IP core
> > level, as long as we execute Step 2. below (to disable/mask all slave
> > interrupts), after 'enable_irq' is called, we still will not receive any
> > further i2c slave interrupt?
> This is HW dependant. From my tests with Renesas HW, this is not the
> case. But the actual error case was impossible to trigger for me, so
> far. I might try again later. But even in the worst case, I would only
> get a "spurious interrupt" and not an NULL-ptr OOPS.
Let me explain how I verified this:
0) add a debug print whenever the slave irq part is called
1) Put a 2 second delay after disable_irq() and before clearing
interrupt enable register
2) unbind the slave driver in the background, triggering the 2s delay
3) during the delay, try to read from the to-be-unbound slave in the
4) ensure there is no prinout from the slave irq
Worked fine for me with the Renesas R-Car I2C IP interface. As mentioned
before, I couldn't trigger a bad case with my setup. So, I hope this new
fix will work for Rayagonda's test case, too!
Description: PGP signature