Re: Linux 5.8-rc6

From: Geert Uytterhoeven
Date: Mon Aug 10 2020 - 11:32:37 EST

Hi Sedat,

On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 10:19 AM Sedat Dilek <sedat.dilek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You happen to know if I can configure in my ~/.gitconfig to pull
> linux-git stuff from two repositories - check first git.kernel.org
> then GitHub.
>
> Some days ago GitHub had some maintenance issues and I was not able to pull.
> Means I trust more the security and integrity concept of git.kernel.org.
>
> To pull from GitHub - saved 15-16mins of my life-time - meant
> 15-16mins go earlier to sleep - as said I started my build 01:02a.m.
> (German local-time).

Assumed your cloned from kernel.org:

git remote add github https://github.com/torvalds/linux

After that:
1. "git remote update" will fetch data from both origin and github,
2. "git merge $(git tag | grep -v rc | sort -n | tail -1)" will
merge in the latest release, if you don't have it merged already.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

Geert

-- Linus Torvalds