Re: [GIT PULL] USB fixes for 5.9-rc3

From: Brooke Basile
Date: Wed Aug 26 2020 - 13:20:49 EST

On 8/26/20 12:17 PM, Marek Szyprowski wrote:
Hi Andy,

On 26.08.2020 17:53, Andy Shevchenko wrote:
On Wed, Aug 26, 2020 at 6:36 PM Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Aug 26, 2020 at 05:02:38PM +0200, Marek Szyprowski wrote:
On 26.08.2020 15:43, Greg KH wrote:

Brooke Basile (2):
USB: gadget: u_f: add overflow checks to VLA macros
Sorry, but the above patch breaks USB Ethernet Gadget operation. It also
didn't get the proper testing in linux-next (next-20200826 is the first
one with this patch).

This is how it explodes on Samsung Exynos (ARM 32bit) based board with
g_ether module loaded:
Odd, for a "normal" descriptor, the logic should have remained the same
as without this patch.
Brooke, any ideas?
I have an idea.

Does below fix this?

Yep, that's it. I've also moved offset assignment in the first part
after size_t size = array_size(n, sizeof(type));

Feel free to add:

Reported-by: Marek Szyprowski <m.szyprowski@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Tested-by: Marek Szyprowski <m.szyprowski@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Thanks!

Best regards

Ah, I see. My apologies, I don't know how I was able to miss something like this when building/testing...

Thank you for testing and reporting the issue.

Best,
Brooke Basile