watchdog start on restart

From: Ivan Mikhaylov
Date: Wed Sep 02 2020 - 09:10:04 EST

Hello everyone. Currently, the watchdog interface only has "stop watchdog on
restart" but lacks a "start watchdog on restart" one. Is there a way to achieve
such functionality?

I'd like to know why "stop watchdog on restart" wasn't implemented via ioctl
interface? It would be more convenient from user perspective and you can
control that behavior whenever you want from application layer.

I have some thoughts on this problem that solve the aforementioned
issue with "start watchdog on restart" but I don't think that my solution is
correct.

Looking forward for your feedback.

Thanks.