Re: [Regression] "tpm: Require that all digests are present in TCG_PCR_EVENT2 structures" causes null pointer dereference

From: Kenneth R. Crudup
Date: Mon Sep 28 2020 - 14:22:37 EST

On Mon, 28 Sep 2020, Jarkko Sakkinen wrote:

> That's a good guess. Just a bit confused how that particular patch can
> have the effect: it has two deferences to efispecid instead of one in
> the same statement. Would be interesting to hear if the bug is triggered
> in Kenneth's environment by the exact same commit.

I can confirm that reverting 7f3d176f5f stops my kernel from panic()ing:

$ sudo fwupdtpmevlog
[sudo] password for kenny:
Failed to parse file: attempted to read 0x10 bytes from buffer of 0x00
$

It would normally OOPS at that point.

-Kenny

--
Kenneth R. Crudup Sr. SW Engineer, Scott County Consulting, Orange County CA