Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the drm tree

From: Paul Cercueil
Date: Wed Sep 30 2020 - 12:39:34 EST

Le mer. 30 sept. 2020 à 18:11, Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxx> a écrit :
On Wed, Sep 30, 2020 at 03:33:13PM +0200, Paul Cercueil wrote:
One thing missing for remap_pfn_range(), I have no alternative for this:

vma->vm_page_prot = dma_pgprot(dev, vma->vm_page_prot,
DMA_ATTR_NON_CONSISTENT);

So I have to do:

vma->vm_page_prot = pgprot_noncached(vma->vm_page_prot);
pgprot_val(vma->vm_page_prot) &= ~_CACHE_MASK;
pgprot_val(vma->vm_page_prot) |= _CACHE_CACHABLE_NONCOHERENT;

And that will only compile on MIPS, because these _CACHE_* macros are only
defined there.

I would need something like a pgprot_noncoherent(), I think.

dma_alloc_pages gives you cached memory, so you can't just use an
uncached protection for the userspace mmap here. If you want uncached
memory you need to use dma_alloc_coherent paired with dma_mmap_coherent.
Or dma_alloc_wc for a slightly different flavor of uncached. (both
of the map to dma_alloc_attrs / dma_mmap_attrs eventually).

I don't want uncached memory, I want non-coherent cached memory.

-Paul