Re: [GIT PULL] tracing: Updates for 5.10

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Thu Oct 15 2020 - 23:54:56 EST

On Fri, 16 Oct 2020 11:53:23 +0900
Masami Hiramatsu <mhiramat@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I'll have to think about how to untangle this. Is there some kind of
> > annotation that makes it show that a path can only be called at boot up and
> > not later?
>
> What happen if we use Peter's static_call() and update it after boot up?

I think that's a bit over engineering ;-)

> Or, we might need to break apart the trace_array_create() and restruct
> it as __init trace_array_early_create() and trace_array_create().

That will likely make the code a bit more complex and possibly add as much
code as we save from the __init sections.

I think the best solution is what you proposed, and removing the __init,
and possibly making that function inline as well.

Care to send an official patch?

Thanks!

-- Steve