Re: KASAN: null-ptr-deref Write in event_handler

From: Shuah Khan
Date: Mon Oct 19 2020 - 11:22:26 EST

On 10/19/20 9:10 AM, Andrey Konovalov wrote:
On Fri, Oct 16, 2020 at 9:48 PM Shuah Khan <skhan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Andrey,

I am unable to reproduce the problem. I even tweaked the reproducer
to launch 10 procs and 100 threads.

Can you test the following patch with your setup

Here it is - also attached.

Hi Shuah,

I get the crash below with this change. It complains about
kthread_stop_put() being called in atomic context.

Thanks for testing. I was concerned about that. I will try to
reproduce the problem again.

I am running into a amd_gpu issue during boot on my test system
with KASAN enabled which results in disabling lock debugging. This
makes it harder to debug and fix this null-ptr-deref Write in
event_handler as it needs KASAN enabled. Fun stuff.

I will switch to a different test system and see if I can reproduce
the problem first.

Thanks again for testing.

thanks,
-- Shuah