Re: Directory category for accessory drivers

From: Jonathan Neuschäfer
Date: Fri Nov 06 2020 - 09:39:37 EST

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 03, 2020 at 01:41:59PM -0800, Amy Parker wrote:
> I'm currently working on improving some accessory drivers to hopefully
> submit to a future kernel tree. The drivers are assorted for headphones,
> mice, keyboards, and other assorted accessories. Which driver category
> or folder would this fall under, or would they require their own new folder
> on the drivers/ folder level? If such is the case, what should said folder
> be entitled?

Drivers are more or less organized by functionality. Keyboard and mouse
drivers are generally in drivers/input, but also in drivers/hid, if the
device follows the HID protocol. Headphone drivers - I'm not sure, it
depends on what kind of input and output the headphone does.

As far as I'm aware there's not really a subsystem or directory for all
accessories, because they can have vastly different functionality.

I hope this helps,
Jonathan Neuschäfer