Re: [Patch v2 0/6] Enable Qualcomm Crypto Engine on sdm845

From: Eric Biggers
Date: Thu Nov 19 2020 - 17:44:58 EST

On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 10:52:27AM -0500, Thara Gopinath wrote:
> Qualcomm crypto engine supports hardware accelerated algorithms for
> encryption and authentication. Enable support for aes,des,3des encryption
> algorithms and sha1,sha256, hmac(sha1),hmac(sha256) authentication
> algorithms on sdm845.The patch series has been tested using the kernel
> crypto testing module tcrypto.ko.

Can you please test CONFIG_CRYPTO_MANAGER_EXTRA_TESTS=y too? Implementations of
crypto algorithms shouldn't be enabled unless they are passing all tests.

Also, did you compare the performance of this hardware to ARMv8 CE? I thought
that QCE (at least on other SoCs) isn't very useful because ARMv8 CE is faster.

- Eric