Re: problem booting 5.10

From: John Garry
Date: Tue Dec 08 2020 - 18:15:11 EST

On 08/12/2020 22:51, Martin K. Petersen wrote:

Julia,

This solves the problem. Starting from 5.10-rc7 and doing this revert, I
get a kernel that boots.

Hi Julia,

Can you also please test Ming's patchset here (without the megaraid sas revert) when you get a chance:
https://lore.kernel.org/linux-block/20201203012638.543321-1-ming.lei@xxxxxxxxxx/

And please also share your .config, as I guess that it is not mainline vanilla and we will want to recreate this to be sure for future. Qian's issue was only exposed with a specific .config enabling lots of heavy debug options.

Thanks,
John

Thanks for testing!

I'll go ahead and revert 103fbf8e4020 in 5.10/scsi-fixes. We can revisit
this change in 5.11 when Ming's fixes are in place.