Re: [Ksummit-discuss] crediting bug reports and fixes folded into original patch

From: Dan Carpenter
Date: Wed Dec 09 2020 - 03:02:09 EST

On Tue, Dec 08, 2020 at 09:01:49PM -0800, Joe Perches wrote:
> On Tue, 2020-12-08 at 16:34 -0800, Kees Cook wrote:
>
> > If not "Adjusted-by", what about "Tweaked-by", "Helped-by",
> > "Corrected-by"?
>
> Improved-by: / Enhanced-by: / Revisions-by:

I don't think we should give any credit for improvements or enhancements,
only for fixes. Complaining about style is its own reward.

Having to redo a patch is already a huge headache. Normally, I already
considered the reviewer's prefered style and decided I didn't like it.
Then to make me redo the patch in an ugly style and say thankyou on
top of that??? Forget about it. Plus, as a reviewer I hate reviewing
patches over and over.

I've argued for years that we should have a Fixes-from: tag. The zero
day bot is already encouraging people to add Reported-by tags for this
and a lot of people do.

regards,
dan carpenter